What is the minimum and maximum I can invest?
You can invest between £10,000 and £250,000 into this account.
You can make as many deposits as you like during the lifetime of the account up to a total of £250,000.
Can Allica Bank change the interest rate?
Yes we can. The interest rate on this account is variable. See section 8 in your Terms & Conditions for more information.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £10,000 deposit?
|Opening deposit||Balance at maturity||Interest earned|
This assumes interest is paid into this savings account and does not take into account individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?
To open your account:
- You must be a UK resident aged 18 years and over.
- You will need to nominate another UK bank account in your name that will be used to fund your Allica Bank savings account. This is also where we’ll send your money if you choose to make a withdrawal at maturity.
- Once you have opened your account, you have 14 calendar days to deposit your funds. If your account has not reached the minimum deposit amount in that time, the account will be closed.
Also, bear in mind:
- You can open your account online.
- You can view your balance and communicate through our internet banking service.
- To request a withdrawal, simply give our customer services team a call.
- You can fund using Faster Payments, but please note that we don’t accept CHAPS payments.
Can I withdraw money?
You can request a withdrawal by contacting our customer service team. We'll then return your funds to you 95 days from that date. The 95-day notice period is based on calendar days and begins the day we receive your request.
Note that, should your balance fall below our minimum deposit, we will need to close your account.
When can I close the account?
You can close the account at any time, providing you give us 95 days’ notice.
We will pay you your interest in full, without the deduction of income tax.
This savings account is a limited offer and can be withdrawn at any time prior to you opening your account.
If you change your mind within 14 days of opening your account, you can cancel your account without penalty or notice.